New Orleans Roof Repair Pro Tips
As a Roofer in New Orleans, we have heard countless homeowners state, "I had my roof repaired but it seems to be leaking again". Truth be told if their roof was fixed properly the first time it typically will not return. If you really want to know it probably did not just come back, it is more likely that it was not repaired in the first place. Normally, the repaired area handles the first quarter to a half-inch of precipitation without a leak, and the homeowner has a big sigh of relief. The same thing happens during the next storm and all seems to be okay.
Then, one day that monster of a storm hits, and the same leak is back. There are various reasons why this can occur:
- A repair was poorly installed on the leaking area, aka a band-aid.
- Usually, it takes a lot of rainfall followed by strong winds to make a leak apparent or to make a previous leak show back up.
- The leak was misdiagnosed as an easy to fix seal around a vent pipe, skylight, or chimney flashing, with no attention given to the possibility of decayed underlayment, or incorrect roof flashings.
The fact is, water can travel lengthy distances! You may be asking yourself, what should I do?
Well, the solution is straightforward... Have it repaired correctly the first time with an established New Orleans Roofing!
- First, the roof shingles will have to be removed from the whole region including the hip, gable, valley, ridge, and flashing.
- Next, a layer of the proper underlayment must be placed from eave to ridge, incorporating the entire area. Remember, water travels far distances, and to guarantee that all of the intruded areas are covered, the complete segment must undergo treatment.
- The final step is to flash the penetrations using a base and a secondary flashing to ensure that no moisture can enter. This flashing must have an approved weather block installed at the peaks and the hip angles so wind-driven precipitation does not get underneath the roof shingles.
CALL RAYCON CONTRACTORS TODAY AT (504) 444-4591
If you are considering replacing or repairing your roof, we have been serving the community and satisfying customers for many years. We use only top-of-the-line roofing materials, have a well-trained and knowledgeable staff, and an outstanding track record of client satisfaction.